Monday, July 29, 2013

Update from the President's Desk

Good morning,

It has been a busy last couple of weeks.

As you know, my first week as NWC president started out with a brunch so that I could meet as many of you as possible, followed by a Trustee meeting that evening. I spent time with Tracy Gasaway going over all of the employment and benefits paperwork. We are really lucky to have such a great benefits package.  The Bookstore contract with Follett was finalized and I signed off. I have been meeting with legislators and key community members in Powell and Cody. I have attended various meetings including College Council and met individually with all of my direct reports and others on various issues.

My family and I went up to the Field Station to see Becky and Scott on the 19th. We also took in the Park County Fair and ate our share of funnel cakes last week. I had the opportunity to tour our rodeo facility with Del and Sean and attend my first Foundation Board meeting.  On Saturday, I had the opportunity to ride in Dave Brown's beautiful 1968 Corvette to represent Northwest College in the parade with three of our volleyball athletes. It was fun to see so many of NWC faculty and staff along the parade route.

Many of you have asked about my family. I have two redheaded boys, Kalin is 8 (he told me he is actually 8 and 5/6ths) and will be in third grade; Keegan is 7 and will be in second grade. They will be attending Westside School. My husband's name is Scott. He is a consulting forester and installs ceramic tile on the side when he is not hunting and fishing. Many of you already know that I grew up in Dillon, MT which is just on the other side of West Yellowstone.  My mom and her husband still live there as well as two of my three brothers.

Because Powell is very similar both Dillon and Miles City, my family and I feel very much at home here. You will here me say this over and over -  I was very intentional about wanting to live in Powell and to serve Northwest College as your president. I am really happy that the timing worked out for me to be here at this time in the history of the college.

Enjoy what is left of the summer. It is going fast!

Stefani

No comments:

Post a Comment