Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Courage

Yesterday new students and their parents were on campus for our New Student Registration program. What a great way for new students to get oriented to Northwest College!  As well, we were honored to host Wyoming Girls State on campus last week. From both groups, I continually heard how much they appreciated all the help from our faculty and staff.

I recently returned from vacation where I body-boarded and paddle-boarded for the first time. When I caught my first wave and then again when I stood up on the paddle-board for the first time, I was thinking about the trepidation, anticipation, and excitement that our freshmen must be feeling as they get everything ready to start college this fall. 

What I love about Northwest College is that our faculty and staff understand these feelings and work hard to help our students meet their goals - no matter the trepidation along the way. Knowing that our students have the courage take on bigger challenges everyday, helped me to get back into the water again after getting pounded a couple of times by big waves. (OK, so maybe they weren't that big, but I still got pounded!)

In the words of the late Maya Angelou from the NWC facebook page, "Courage is the most important of all the virtues...you can practice any virtue erratically, but nothing consistently without courage."

May you practice courage in all that you choose to tackle today,

Stefani 

No comments:

Post a Comment