Wednesday, July 15, 2015

2 down 20 to go!

This year I begin my 10th year as a rural community college president. Today is my two-year anniversary as President of Northwest College. If I want to match SinClair Orendroff's record,
I only have 20 more years to go.

The longer I am in this job, the more frequently I receive calls from headhunters to apply for university presidencies. Though universities play a very important role in our society and they are imperative to continued advancement for our students, I am not tempted by the allure of serving as a university president.

I am driven to serve community college students, particularly low-income, first generation students in rural areas. This is due to the fact that I came from a similar background. That is just one of the reasons Northwest College is the perfect place for me.

I find that my passion for the success of our students has only increased over the years.

As I prepare my remarks for the August 19th State of the College Address I have chosen "Passion" as the theme.

In preparing my remarks, I want to know what drives your passion? Please send me your thoughts over the next couple of weeks.

Thank you!

I hope you are having a great summer.

Stefani

No comments:

Post a Comment