Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Student Success

I received the following email last week. It made my day! 

Dear Dr. Hicswa,

I attended NWC for five semesters , summer 2016- spring 2018, preparing for entrance into medical school. Tomorrow, I finish my third week of med school and am quickly coming up on "weed out" week when three papers are due and we have seven tests.

I wanted to take a moment out of my insane schedule to let you know how proud I am to have come out of the NWC science program prepared and confident. I have just finished my second exam. Both tests this week were reviews for me. My fellow students come from all regions of the world and colleges large and small. I have to say, I feel like I am one of the most prepared in the class.

I want to call out Dr. Mat Osborne. He set me up profoundly well in Anatomy and Physiology. Even though they are separate classes here, I am leaps and bounds above anyone else in physiology, histology and embryology.

My sincere appreciation goes out to Dr. Monia Haselhorst and Dr. Osborne for teaching me how to meet the demands of high level classes. The skills they taught me have served me well already and will last a lifetime.

Dr. Jay Dickerson provided me with a fantastic microbiology background that I use nearly everyday. My chemistry and physics background is absolutely solid thanks to Dr. Michael Cuddy, Dr. Uko Udodong and Deepthi Amarasuriya.

I don't know how to emphasize it enough. The NWC science program provided me with a remarkable background to start medical school.

You and the board should be very proud of your department. You have incredibly well qualified, good teachers. Please give them all the support, accolades and resources you can. They deserve it.

With my sincerest regards,

Thea Marx

No comments:

Post a Comment